In addition to the minimum requirements, each applicant will be required to successfully complete the following testing requirements:
Prior to Conditional Job Offer:
- ONLINE READING ABILITY EXAM
- FORT LAUDERDALE ENTRY LEVEL EXAM (FLEX)
- ASSESSMENT EXERCISE - STRUCTURAL ORAL PROCESS (SOP)
- VETTING INTERVIEW AND BEHAVIORAL INTERVIEW
After Conditional Job Offer:
- Broward College, Institute of Public Safety testing:
- CRIMINAL JUSTICE BASIC ABILITIES TEST (CJBAT)
- BASIC MOTOR SKILLS TEST (BMST) - Physical Agility
- SWIM TEST
- COMPREHENSIVE BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION
- POLYGRAPH AND PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION
- MEDICAL/PHYSICAL EXAMINATION
For information regarding the testing process, click here.
For Broward College Institute of Public Safety Testing Center website, click here.
The City of Fort Lauderdale is an equal opportunity employer.